I'm about to go to Canada. Soon. Being an organised person, I'm beginning to worry about the fact that I have not packed, and that I do not seem t know anything about my flight tickets (is that 3 page document my ticket? What's the flight intenererery about?) and I still don't feel like I'm actually going. I can't afford clothes, I can't afford immigration (150 CAD), I'm ging to arrive in a strange country, hundreds of miles from home with no money and no friends. And I still don't feel like I'm actually doing this.
I should explain, I'm going to be an art teacher in a Canadian summer camp, I'm really excited, but I'm a bit worried as I don't feel good enough for the job. My Aunite's an art teacher, (she and my uncle have an amazing little shop on the top of a hill, and people just drop in and paint bird houses my uncle carves and make christmas tree decorations, it's amazing) and she has been helping me work on project ideas that I can do with the kids; I'm feeling a little better now we've worked on this together, but still not confident.
I've also got to find funds to somehow buy course books for next year (I study English Lit), I want to take a few to get started on while I'm there. Aaaaand, I'm working on my piece for thi s year's Aesthetica magazing completition (http://www.aestheticamagazine.com/) I'm doing a short prose piece about a guy who finds a woman in his bath tub. I'm borrowing Murakami's way of writing as if describing a film as it's being played to us, but I've just read Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon, and I think his influence is seeping in there a little bit too. I'll probably post it soon if you fancy a read.
P.S. Pictures are of some projects I might do in Canada!
x
x
No comments:
Post a Comment